Aims & Learning Objectives
The objective of the course is to provide comprehensive training towards Level 2 certification as per the recommendation of SCCT (Society of Cardiovascular Computed Tomography), BSCI (British Society of Cardiovascular Imaging), and EACVI (European Association of Cardiovascular Imaging). SCCT is the US-based Cardiovascular CT professional body while BSCI is a UK based Cardiovascular professional society providing best practice guidance and standards for performing Cardiac CT. EACVI is part of the European Society of Cardiology and sets standards for training in nuclear cardiology and cardiac CT.
The course is geared towards medical professionals such as radiologists, cardiologists, nuclear physicians who wish to independently practice cardiac CT.
The participants have to go through all course lectures (19 compulsory and 3 optional) on-line before coming to the course. Over the 6-days of the course (whether on-line or on-site), the participants learn the interpretation of cardiac CT scans with a variety of different pathologies on advanced post-processing workstations under the supervision of experienced Level-3 trainers.
The main objectives of the course are:
- Understanding the basic physics of cardiac CT and ECG-gating, optimization of radiation dose and image quality, service set up, heart rate management, and performance of procedures through a series of lectures delivered by experienced professionals as well as the demonstration of recorded live cases.
- Learning the principles and clinical indications of CT calcium scoring and cardiac angiography including the current evidence base.
- Understanding the interpretation and reporting of CT calcium scoring and cardiac angiography as recommended by SCCT
- Understanding of cardiac anatomy, normal variants, and different pathologies such as
- Coronary artery anomalies
- Coronary artery disease
- Bypass grafts
- Heart failure and cardiomyopathy
- Valve assessment and TAVI assessment
- Pericardial diseases and cardiac masses
- Common congenital heart disease
- Aortic pathologies
- Pre-course quiz to assess the understanding of online lectures and final assessment on the last day of the course
- 25 live recorded cases of Cardiac CT procedures being performed
- Access to a comprehensive on-line course manual (now online) to all participants
- Access to on-line resource with course lectures, CT guidelines, and other reading material
Dr Tarun K Mittal MD, FRCR, FSCCT, Consultant Cardiothoracic Radiologist, Royal Brompton and Harefield NHS Foundation Trust. Read more...
Dr Ben Ariff PhD, FRCR, Consultant Cardiac Radiologist, Imperial College NHS Healthcare Trust
Dr Mini Pakkal FRCR, Assistant Professor in Cardiac Imaging, Toronto General Hospital, Canada
Royal Brompton & Harefield NHS Foundation Trust
Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust
Endorsed by the Society of Cardiovascular Computed Tomography,
the professional society devoted exclusively to cardiovascular CT
The course provides 46 CPD credits in accordance with the CPD Scheme of the Royal College of Radiologists, London.
We are committed to help support education to underprivileged children in developing countries.
One-fourth of any profits through the course fees are donated to such charites.