Aims & Learning Objectives
The objective of the course is to provide comprehensive training towards Level 2 certification as per the recommendation of SCCT and BSCI. SCCT is a US based Cardiovascular CT professional body while BSCI is a UK based Cardiovascular professional society providing best practice guidance and standards for performing Cardiac CT.
The course is geared towards medical professionals such as radiologists, cardiologists, nuclear physicians who wish to independently practice cardiac CT.
As the course is over 6-days, ample time is provided to go through the lectures and hands-on cases.
The course participants achieve the main objective by
- Understanding the basic physics of cardiac CT and ECG-gating, optimisation of radiation dose and image quality, service set up, heart rate management, performance of procedures through a series of lectures delivered by experienced professionals.
- Learning the principles and clinical indications of CT calcium scoring and cardiac angiography including the current evidence base.
- Understanding the interpretation and reporting of CT calcium scoring and cardiac angiography as recommended by SCCT
- Hands-on practice on 50 cases of calcium scoring and 150 cases of CT cardiac angiography mentored by 3 experienced Level 3 cardiac CT trainers. The cases comprise of normal cases to understand cardiac anatomy and different pathologies such as
- Coronary artery anomalies
- Coronary artery disease
- Bypass grafts
- Heart failure and cardiomyopathy
- Valve assessment and TAVI assessment
- Pericardial diseases and cardiac masses
- Common congenital heart disease
- Regular assessment with quiz at the end of most lectures and final assessment on the final day of the course
- 25 live recorded cases of Cardiac CT procedures being performed
- A comprehensive course manual is given to all participants
- Access to on-line resource with course lectures, CT guidelines, and other reading material