UK Cardiac CT Course
Combined level 1 and 2 course
17th (Sunday) to 22nd May (Friday) 2020 (six days) - This course has now been rescheduled for September
6th (Sunday) to 11th September (Friday) 2020 (six days) - Please express your interest
1st (Sunday) to 6th November (Friday) 2020 (six days) - Please express your interest
Please note that due to the extraordinary situation from the coronavirus outbreak, the May course has been rescheduled to September. You can choose between September or November courses.
Check out the feedback from previous courses here......
We have been successfully hosting Cardiac CT courses since 2004 and a combined level 1 and 2 course in the current format since 2010 (previously called Harefield Cardiac CT Course).
These courses have been well attended with participation from radiologists and cardiologists from all over the UK and abroad. Doctors from other related professions such as nuclear medicine and cardiac surgery have also participated in the course to obtain a better understanding of cardiac CT.
The purpose of this course is to teach the various steps and processes involved in the acquisition and interpretation of cardiac CT for radiologists, cardiologists, and nuclear physicians who wish to independently report Cardiac CT. The participants learn a systematic way to review and interpret a large amount of data available from a single cardiac CTA study that can be adapted to any modern workstation.
The course comprises of the main lectures on an online e-learning platform that delegates are required to complete before coming to the course (involving at least 6-7 hours of study). This allows the participants to acquire familiarity with cardiac CT techniques and principles before they come for the course and gives more time for hands-on training.
The 6 days of the on-site course comprises some additional lectures clinical applications of CT in diseases of the heart along with intensive hands-on training as per the requirements of Level 2 ACC/AHA/BSCI certification. Prior level 1 not required training is not required for this course. Capacity is limited and places will be allocated strictly on receipt of registration fee basis.
Some of the main features of this course are:
- Course with hands-on training delivered by advanced Level 3 cardiac CT practitioners with extensive knowledge and experience in all aspects of cardiac imaging in a multi-modality environment in a tertiary cardio-thoracic centre.
- Lectures on relevant topics by radiographers, physicists, radiologists, cardiologists, and cardiac surgeons.
- Hands-on training delivered on advanced TeraRecon post-processing software (or similar). This course offers 150 cardiac CT angiography and 50 calcium scoring cases (as recommended by BSCI and SCCT for level 2 certification) over 5 days providing with ample time to browse through cases under expert supervision (other courses offers this over 4-5 days).
- Extensive correlation with cath and other imaging techniques.
- Live recorded cases (25) of actual scans being performed.
- Course is certified by SCCT for Level 1 and 2 training
- Course provides 46 CPD credits in accordance with the CPD Scheme of The Royal College of Radiologists.
This course is NOT for those wishing to do only level 1 training.
For information on other education material on cardiac CT and other imaging techniques, visit www.cv-imaging.org.